Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 September 2011

US Open results to date

So far my picks in the US Open have been underwhelming.  I've made 44 picks being correct 27 times and wrong 17 times.  While that may look good most of my picks have been favorites and I've come through on very few underdogs.  This amounts to a -14.5% return on money wagered (ROMW).  For instance if you had bet £10 on each of my picks you'd have wagered £420 and you'd have £365 to show for it.  Even though this is my picking record I am still up over 100% on the tournament because so many times my picks have been really close to winning and I managed to trade out at the correct time.

For example in the last women's round Kuznetsova was up a set and was two games away from closing out the match when Wozniacki made an epic comeback to lose the bet.  I backed Kuz at 3.8 and exited the trade at 1.5 for a 150% profit.  The same day I backed Fish v Tsonga at 2.08.  Again I traded out when he was leading the match.  This is the beauty of trading you can lock in gains when have them and get out when you've made a bad back.  I will continue to strive for good picks, but I preach that you must take gains when you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment