Search This Blog

Thursday 3 November 2011

Thursday results in Basel and Spain

Somewhat tough day for the picks, but I got into Wawrinka and doubled down on Roddick when they were both down a set and they came back for a nice profit on the day.

Reflecting on my picks today, I realized that if I was going to choose anyone in the Tsonga/Querrey match I should've taken Querrey and not Tsonga.  Tsonga had just had a run in Vienna, (he never fairs well after being in a tournament final, especially if next tournament is the following week)  and likely wants to be fresh for Paris (his home country).  Tsonga had nothing to prove in Valencia, has firmly put himself into the World Tour Finals and would probably like to do well in his home country's 2nd most prestigious tournament.

Same holds for the Cilic/Granollers match except for the part about wanting to win in his home country.

Other 3 picks won out.

No comments:

Post a Comment