Search This Blog

Thursday 18 August 2011

Cincy Masters - Day 4

My picks for today are as follows.
Men's Tournament
Favorites -- in order of play

11AM EST/4PM GMT

Rafael Nadal @ 1.16 v Fernando Verdasco

Andy Murray @ 1.27 v Alex Bogomolov -- On this one I'd watch how Murray is playing.  His play in North America has been terrible this year, and he only beat Nalbandian in the first round because Nalbandian was playing even worse than Murray.  I think he'll bounce back in this one, but you never know what could happen so watch for Murray's level or errors and serve percentage.

Mardy Fish @ 1.49 v Richard Gasquet -- I normally would like to take Gasquet on this one because I think it's a really favorable price, but Fish has been on a tear lately I and I don't want to go against that.

Novak Djokovic @1.07 v Radek Stepanek -- I'm going to bet Novak in each successive set.  The first set is going off at 1.11, so I would recommend that, however, if Stepanek takes a set of Novak I'm going to bet bigger on the second and third sets, unless something looks terribly wrong.

Roger Federer @ 1.13 v James Blake -- While Blake is playing well and everyone seems to think that Federer is on the decline, he played beautifully versus del Potro and he's looking hungry leading up to the US Open.  Roger also usually plays really great in the lead-up tourneys to majors.  If Roger wins the first set, I will move out of this position and use the winnings to put on the second set line.

Gael Monfils @ 1.85 v Philip Kohlschreiber -- Last night this was going off at 1.98.  I got in then.  This was one of those situations where I felt like the line was too good to be true.  Therefore I will be sure to move out of this position if it looks like Monfils is struggling.  Sometimes the French fall out of leadup tourneys early (ahem, Tsonga in Cincy and Eastbourne this year).

Dogs

Nicolas Almagro @ 2.6 v Tomas Berdych

Gilles Simon @ 2.42 v David Ferrer

Again, watch the way these guys play and take wins and losses when we feel the need to.



Nothing on the women's front.  I can't bring myself to watch women's tennis with the same intensity as men's tennis, so my ability to make picks on it is tough.  Plus women's tennis is incredibly unpredictable. I'll try to live blog during matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment