Search This Blog

Friday 19 August 2011

Live Blog - Cincy Masters (Fri)

Murray v Simon
Murray went up an early break on Simon, but was immediately broken again.  Now he is up a break again.
Murray ended up winning this match so it turned out well.

Fish v Nadal
As predicted Fish took down Nadal for the first time in straight sets.  He played excellent tennis and Nadal struggled.

Federer v Berdych
From the beginning I backed Fed, however, after watching his play and watching him get down an early break I got out of that position and switched to Berdych.  I sold out of this position after Berdych won the first set.

Djokovic v Monfils
I meant to write this in my initial post, but I figured this would be a bit closer than last weeks 62 62 blowout.  I guess anybody can say that, but it's true.

Djokovic went down a break in the first set.  Shortly after this I sold out and backed Monfils.  Even though I figured that Novak would come back in the second I felt as though Monfils would take the first set and the market was pricing it as if it was a given that Novak would break back on Monfils.  Even in the 1st set market Novak was still favored 7 games in.  Which was ridiculous considering the way that Monfils was playing and the fact that he was up a break.

At the beginning of the second set I backed Novak at the start and backed him again after he got an early break.  He was broken back and I cursed myself for hanging on to this position.  He had some difficult service games, but finally came out on top.  I sold my position after Novak broke Monfils in the third set.  Monfils looked tired at the beginning of the third set, but got is energy back.  Things could get interesting if he could get a chance against Novaks serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment