Search This Blog

Thursday 18 August 2011

Live Blog - Cincy Masters (Thurs)

Nadal v Verdasco
Rafa went down an early break to Verdasco.  I've seen Rafa do this several times, but he usually bounces back so I took the opportunity to double down.

Nadal immediately broke back in a game in which Verdasco, had three double faults.  I'm back in the money with this position.

Shockingly Nadal double faulted on triple break point to put him back a break down.  My position is back out of the money.

Nadal is looking shaky and I'm considering back Verdasco, but I want to see a few more games.  Verdasco is falling apart as he was just broken back.... Not so much on Rafa's brilliance but on his own misgivings.

Verdasco had 2 break points on Rafa's next serve, but lost 4 straight points to lose the game.  At this point I backed Rafa, because players often fall apart after losing chances like that.  However, he held so I took a small loss.



Murray v Bogomolov
Murray took Bogo's first and second service game off him, so this is looking like a good position to be in.

When Murray was up a break in the second set I sold out at 1.03.  Perfect time to do so, as he later got broke.  He went on to win, but I already had my profits.


Nicolas Almagro v Tomas Berdych
I moved out of this position after Berdych broke Almagro early in the first set for a sizable loss.  Berdych looked to be playing well and that makes him dangerous.

Mardy Fish v Richard Gasquet
The Fish Gasquet match was pretty tight, but Fish took the first set.  I sold out after the first set.

Gilles Simon v David Ferrer
So far this match is on serve at 4-3 Simon.  It will be tight and I think if Simon gets up a break I will sell out quickly.

Ferrer just double faulted to lose the first set.  I'm going to sell out here for a nice gain.

Novak Djokovic v Radek Stepanek
I backed Novak to win the first set @ 1.11, then used the original bet, plus the winnings to bet on Novak  in the second set.  He won both 6-3, 6-3 so it turned out great.

Tally for the day!

So far today, if you had backed each of my picks and held you'd have a gain of 30.66% of the total amount.  Not a bad day again so far.  Luckily Simon pulled it out in the 3rd set.

I didn't do that, because I am a trader.  However, I have similar results.  I am up 31.78% on the day.

We still have a few matches to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment