Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Wimbledon Day 2 - Back in the Black

Up 12% New Bankroll 105.03

On Day 1 of Wimbledon I didn't do any trading.  I had a rough morning with school and work, and I wasn't feeling in the right mindset so I didn't feel that I would trade very well.  Being mentally fit is as important in trading as it is in tennis.

However, day 2 of trading went really well.  I started by backing Serena William at 1 set all and holding on until I had a 20% gain on my bet.

My next move was to back Fernando Verdasco when he was down 1 set to love against Radek Stepanek.  When he went down 2 sets to love I backed him further, hoping for a comeback.  I was able to get it at 7 at this point.  When he won the third set I was able to trade for a nice profit.

Then I was to back John Isner v Nicolas Mahut.  I knew that this was a high profile match because of the records they set last year.  However, I felt that the line was skewed in Mahut's favor.  I felt that last year was a fluke and the Isner is a better player proven by his results.  I was able to back Isner at 1.54 and I sold out for a profit after he took the first set.

No comments:

Post a Comment