Search This Blog

Friday 24 June 2011

Wimbledon day 4 - results

Up 11% New Bankroll 129.22

So day four at Wimbledon was awesome.  Having great center court seats was really great.  If you ever get the chance it is an amazing event and I would highly recommend it especially if you enjoy tennis.

My picks for yesterday didn't go exactly as planned, but what in life ever does.  So let's go over what I did wrong.  First, I suspected that Hewitt would be a pushover for Soderling.  After Sodering dropped the first set I backed him further, and then after he dropped the second set I backed him again.  I was a bit uncomfortable going so deep on this, but I knew that Soderling wasn't playing badly and that it was a very tight match.  I thought that he had a very good chance to come back and win in 5 sets.  Thankfully for me I was right.  He won the next three sets and took the match.  I sold off with a modest profit in the 4th set, so I could guarantee profit.  I wished I had held on because I had a solid feeling about Soderling.  Tennis is such a swing sport it's tough to make yourself do things like that though.

2nd I was also wrong about Tomic.  I thought that would be an easy match for him and he dropped the first two sets.  I sold my position after the first set for a small loss because I hadn't seen how Tomic was playing and I didn't want to make a judgement call on just the score alone.  The scoreboard in tennis rarely says what is actually going on.

As I recommended Del Potro came back and won three easy straight sets.

Also Melzer took the first and third sets in his match.  I backed him from the beginning and then sold off after he took the first set.

It was a great day, although I wouldn't recommend live trading from the event unless you have the proper equipment.  I was forced to use the BetFair app for iPhone which was less than desirable for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment