Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Another tough day

Another tough day for my picks.  Some real upsets, but I guess that is the nature of the beginning of the season and tennis general.

Reflecting on yesterday's picks, I'm going to see where it all went wrong.  And why I should've been on the other side of these picks.

Gasquet @ 1.14 v Fognini - This was a winner and I would still stand by this pick.  Gasquet is hungry and Fognini has been playing horribly lately.

Isner @ 1.2 v Reynolds - Isner wasn't match ready, he hasn't played a competitive match since Paris, and Reynolds has been playing and winning of late.

Ferrer @ 1.07 v Rosol - This was a winner and again I stand by this one.  Ferrer is always bringing it.

Tsonga @ 1.3 v Melzer - Tsonga was just in a final that he won in Doha a few days ago.  Should never bet on a guy who has just won a tournament and then immediately has to fly half way across the world for another tournament.  He probably thought he had a good chance of missing the final in Doha when he signed up for this one with Nadal and Federer there.  Plus Tsonga is french and probably didn't feel relaxed going into this one.


Berdych @ 1.45 v Tomic - This one I would also stand by and I'm still a bit surprised by this.  Berdych had just played four matches for the Hopman Cup which he won and Tomic had been in a final last week against Murray. I should've just not bet on this one as they were both in finals last week so this was somewhat unpredictable and it could've gone either way.  With the price on Berdych I should've considered Tomic or nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment