Search This Blog

Monday 23 January 2012

Day 9 in Oz

I didn't have any picks for yesterday so I didn't make a post.  I thought about Novak (3-0), Murray (3-0), Gasquet and Nishikori.  If I'd have taken these I'd have gone 1-2 as Novak won in 4, Murray won in 2 and 1 game with a retirement, and Ferrer won as did Nishikori.  Nothing stuck out that much, so I don't post.

Picks for today,

Del Potro @ 4 v Federer - I think this is a really good price for Del Potro.  He played some excellent matches versus Ferrer and Nadal on Clay at the Davis Cup, and he's played really well in Australia as well.    He also has the kind of game that has the ability to beat Federer, flat, penetrating forehands, a good return game and a huge reach to get to a variety of shots.

Nadal @ 1.29 v Berdych - Berdych never can deliver in these types of matches.  He has only taken one set off Nadal in the last 25 sets against Nadal and hasn't beat him since '06.  Berdych is going to have the crowd against him after his display against Almagro and the Aussies can be unforgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment